Benchway 3 Year Limited Warranty
3 YEARS – Construction and Workmanship
Solid wood furniture has many natural and distinctive characteristics. The beauty of solid wood, heirloom quality furnishings is the variations in wood grain and/or color, the expansion and contraction that can occur as humidity levels fluctuate and the natural changes in color (patina) over time. These are normal characteristics that contribute to the authenticity of solid wood and are not considered defects.
1 YEAR – Fabric and Bonded Leather
Exceptions not covered under warranty:
- Normal wear and tear Misuse/abuse, delivery or transportation damage, improper storage or any condition resulting from improper maintenance, cleaning or care
- Scratches or dents caused by dropping or sliding rough or heavy objects across surfaces, not using protection under unusually hot or cold objects, leaving wet items on a table tops for extended periods. Although we use the best, most durable finishes, they are not impenetrable
- Excessive shrinking, cracking, planking or warping resulting from the lack of or too much humidity in the home (minimum 35% to maximum 55%)
- Damage to finished surfaces that result from the use of products that contain waxes/ silicone or harmful chemicals
- Fading caused by prolonged, direct exposure to sunlight
- Defects that occur with fabrics and leather that have been subjected to chemical treatments or protective coatings. Tears, pilling, fading, shrinking or flattening of the nap
- Any unauthorized repairs or alterations
All warranty coverage must be arranged through the authorized BENCHWAY retailer where the purchase was made. Warranty work will be performed at the BENCHWAY factory or a designated local repair Center at reasonable and customary labour rates. This decision will be made between BENCHWAY and the authorized retailer at time of service.
During the first year of coverage, BENCHWAY will cover reasonable costs to transport goods to and from the retailer and the BENCHWAY factory or designated local repair center. After the first year, this cost will be the consumer’s responsibility.
All costs incurred for transportation to and from a consumer’s home and authorized
BENCHWAY retailer, will be the consumer’s responsibility.